Experience dynamic, futuristic ideas and authentic history in Germany’s only motorcycle plant – at the BMW Group Plant Berlin.
The BMW Group is known worldwide not only for its automobiles, but also for its premium motorcycles. The BMW Group Plant Berlin is one of the BMW Group’s most traditional locations.
Since 1969, BMW motorbikes have had Berlin’s air in their tires. Here, the almost 2,000 employees manufacture up to 800 two-wheelers everyday. What motivates them? Their passion for sustainable and individual mobility – whether on two wheels or four.
Experience the production of the legendary BMW motorcycles up close in one of our plant tours in Berlin-Spandau!
iFACTORY EXPERIENCE at the BMW Group Plant Berlin
In 90 minutes we will take you on a journey through the logistics centre and the assembly hall of the motorcycle production headquarters. You will visit the most modern logistics centre in the motorbike industry. Here, BMW Motorrad not only works innovatively, but also in a particularly organised way: Every 75 seconds, a finished motorcycle leaves the plant and makes its way from Berlin-Spandau to one of the 130 countries supplied. In the assembly halls of the BMW Group Plant Berlin, you can witness how the engine, the heart of every motorcycle, is created. Witness the production of customised motorbikes that are manufactured from around 2,000 parts and components – according to customer specifications. At the end of the tour, we will take an exclusive look into the future together with new impressions from the field of electromobility and connectivity.
The Basic Tour through the BMW Group Plant Berlin is designed for all interested visitors and is ideal for tourist excursions.
The Extended Tour promises 120 minutes full of exciting insights into the BMW Group Plant Berlin. You can look forward to a visit to the innovative logistics centre and the assembly halls, as well as an exclusive visit to the mechanical production. Thanks to state-of-the-art technologies and 350 employees, up to 4,300 engine parts are produced per day in the historic mechanical production building. BMW Motorrad already has over 90 years of experience with authority motorcycles and supplies authorities in 140 countries. Be part of the motorcycle’s cornerstone laying! Get detailed information on motorcycle assembly and follow the entire production process of the BMW motorcycles! BMW Motorrad manufactures almost all parts and components in house – including parts for e-motors.
This tour is especially designed for bikers and technology enthusiasts who want to experience the BMW motorcycle production in its entirety.
The School Tour is for students aged 14 and over. In 90 minutes, the guides convey the contents of the Basic Tour in an age-appropriate way. The students get an insight into the logistics areas and the assembly halls. Here, school classes can accompany the different production steps – from the individual part to the finished motorbike! Interested teachers please book the Group Ticket Basic Tour in the ticket shop and indicate in the comment field that the group is a school class. If you have any questions, please contact our team: email@example.com.
Book now your iFACTORY EXPERIENCE at the BMW Group Plant Berlin. We look forward to welcoming you to the plant soon!Buy tickets now
Please Consider These Points Before Visiting the Berlin Plant:
- Current global events can have significant influence over our production. As a result, tours may have to be cancelled for operational reasons. Should this happen to you, we will offer you an alternative or schedule a refund as soon as possible.
- Children under the age of 14 are not allowed on the plant premises.
- Participation in the tour is only possible with closed-toed shoes.
- Audio guides with headphones will be provided for a full tour experience. Wearing the headphones is mandatory. If you are unable to wear headphones for health reasons, please contact the booking center prior to your visit to the plant.
- The tour is conducted in German.
- Tour dates are usually published 3 months in advance. If you are planning for a longer period and the desired time is not yet available, please register on our waiting list. We will inform you as soon as the period is available for booking: https://www.visit-bmwgroup.com/warteliste.
- Please note: Unfortunately, guided tours at the Motorradwerk Berlin are not possible in the months of July, August and September.