The BMW Group is known worldwide not only for its automobiles, but also for its premium motorbikes, which have been manufactured in Berlin since 1969. In this modern motorbike plant, over 2,200 employees produce up to 800 bikes every day – all in an innovative working environment.
The motorbike plant in the German capital is the lead plant for international motorbike production. Almost every BMW motorbike in the world has Berlin air in its tyres. Motorbikes have been produced and developed in Berlin since 1969. With experience and a spirit of innovation, focus topics such as sustainability are consistently advanced.
Berlin Plant tour
Experience the production of the legendary BMW motorbikes: You will visit our new logistics centre, which is one of the most modern in the worldwide motorbike industry. Moreover, you’ll experience the assembly hall, where BMW motorbikes are assembled from around 2,000 parts and components. Come and experience the plant up close – we look forward to seeing you!Buy tickets now
This is what you should consider before your visit to the Berlin plant:
- Current global events can have a significant influence over our production. As a result, tours may have to be canceled for operational reasons. Should this happen to you, we will offer you an alternative date as soon as possible, or a refund.
- Children under the age of 14 are not allowed to enter the plant premises.
- Participation in the tour is only possible with closed shoes.
- Reduced admission fee applies for young people between the age of 14 and 18, trainees, students, people with disabilities, 60 yrs+, unemployed and BMW employees – please be prepared to provide valid identification.
- It is prohibited to film and take pictures during the tour.
- Animals are not allowed on plant premises.
- Personal items, especially electronic devices such as smartphones or tablets, must be stored in our secure lockers with your belongings as they are not permitted in the plants.
- Holders of pacemakers or insulin pumps must avoid the crankshaft meeting point and the G3 as there is electro-magnetic radiation in these areas. The stations can be skipped during the tour without any problems.
- Consumption of food and drinks is not permitted during the tour. Smoking is also prohibited.
- It is not possible to visit the restrooms during the tour. There will be opportunities to visit these before and after the tour.
- Tickets are available in the ticket shop. Please note that all tickets for guided tours must be purchased in advance. It is not possible to purchase tickets on site.