The BMW Group Plant in Leipzig is one of the most modern and sustainable manufacturing plants in the world. The central building is unique: It was designed by Zaha Hadid – one of the most famous modern architects. Series production began in Leipzig in March 2005. Today, around 1,000 vehicles roll off the assembly line every day. The plant sets standards on the way to even greater sustainability,for example, four wind turbines on the factory premises supply production with green electricity.
iFACTORY EXPERIENCE at BMW Group Plant Leipzig
Experience the sustainable production of the BMW 1 Series, the BMW 2 Series Gran Coupé as well as the BMW 2 Series Active Tourer. The Basic Tour takes you on a 90-minute excursion of the architecturally exceptional BMW Group Plant in Leipzig. The tour starts in the body shop, where around 1400 robots work. One by one, they assemble the body shells, the basic structure of a BMW, from several hundred individual parts. The tour continues via the central building to the assembly hall, where the cars slowly take shape. An outlook on the topic of sustainability finishes the tour.
With the Extended Tour at the BMW Group Plant Leipzig, you will dive even deeper into the production of the BMW 1 Series, the BMW 2 Series Gran Coupé and the BMW 2 Series Active Tourer. You will not only get an insight into the body shop and the assembly halls, but also experience first-hand how the vehicles are painted according to individual customer requirements.
Every day, 8000 people and 1400 robots work hand in hand here. Together, they produce 1000 vehicles per day. Join them and see for yourself how the basic structure of a BMW becomes a fully-fledged vehicle and shines in new splendour. The BMW Group Plant Leipzig is not only one of the most modern and innovative automobile factories in the world, but also an architectural masterpiece.
See for yourself! The BMW Group Plant Leipzig looks forward to welcoming you to the plant soon!
The school tour shows children and youth between the ages of 11-14 the world of automobile production. In around 90 minutes, the contents of the Basic Tour are conveyed age appropriately. A booklet with small tasks completes the tour in a playful way.
Interested teachers can contact our team for questions and requests: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Consider These Points Before Visiting the Leipzig Plant:
- Current global events can have a significant influence over our production. As a result, tours may have to be cancelled for operational reasons. Should this happen to you, we will offer you an alternative date or schedule a refund as soon as possible.
- It is not permitted to eat, drink or smoke during the tour.
- It is not possible to visit the restrooms during the tour. There will be opportunities to visit sanitary facilities before and after the tour.
- Electronic devices such as smartphones or tablets must be left in our secure lockers with your belongings as they are not permitted in the factories.
- It is prohibited to film and take pictures during the tour.
- Children under the age of 7 are not allowed to enter the plant. Children under 14 years of age may enter the plant only if accompanied by an adult. An accompanying person may look after a maximum of 5 children at the same time.
- Tickets are available at the ticket shop. Please note that all tickets for guided tours must be purchased in advance. It is not possible to buy tickets on site.