Leipzig Plant Tour
The BMW Group Plant in Leipzig is one of the most modern and sustainable manufacturing plants in the world. Production began in Leipzig in March 2005, and today around 1,000 vehicles roll off the production line every day, such as the BMW 1 Series, the BMW 2 Series Gran Coupé and the BMW 2 Series Active Tourer. The plant sets new standards for increasingly sustainable production. To name just one example, a significant portion of the electricity used is supplied by four on-site wind turbines.
The BMW Group Plant in Leipzig also impresses with its award-winning architecture. The central building, designed by the renowned architect Zaha Hadid, is a physical realisation of the concept of the people and productivity required to form an entire factory.
Leipzig Plant Tour
Experience the sustainable production of the BMW 1 Series, the BMW 2 Series Gran Coupé as well as the BMW 2 Series Active Tourer. Discover vehicle production in an architecturally exceptional plant and experience on site how the BMW Group Plant in Leipzig is implementing the concept of the BMW iFACTORY. We look forward to seeing you!Buy Tickets now
This is what you should consider before your visit to the Leipzig plant:
- Current global events can have a significant influence over our production. As a result, tours may have to be canceled for operational reasons. Should this happen to you, we will offer you an alternative date as soon as possible, or a refund.
- Public guided tours at the Leipzig plant are currently held in German. Group guided tours take place in German as standard, on request they are also available in English. Please let us know when booking using the comment box if you would like to book an English speaking tour.
- Children under the age of 7 are not allowed to enter the plant. Children between 7 and 14 years of age may enter the plant only if accompanied by an adult. An accompanying person may look after a maximum of 5 children at the same time.
- Reduced admission fee applies for young people between the age of 7 and 18, trainees, students, people with disabilities, 60 yrs+, unemployed and BMW employees – please be prepared to provide valid identification.
- Participation in the tour is only possible with closed shoes.
- It is prohibited to film and take pictures during the tour.
- Animals are not allowed on plant premises.
- Personal items, especially electronic devices such as smartphones or tablets, must be stored in our secure lockers with your belongings as they are not permitted in the plants.
- Holders of pacemakers must avoid the body shop as there is electro-magnetic radiation in these areas. The stations can be skipped during the tour without any problems.
- Consumption of food and drinks is not permitted during the tour. Smoking is also prohibited.
- It is not possible to visit the restrooms during the tour. There will be opportunities to visit these before and after the tour.
- Tickets are available in the ticket shop. Please note that all tickets for guided tours must be purchased in advance. It is not possible to purchase tickets on site.
- For a full tour experience visitors will receive audio guides with headphones. Wearing the headphones is mandatory. If you are unable to wear headphones for health reasons, please contact the booking centre before visiting the plant.