Oxford MINI Plant Tour
The plant was founded in 1913 and has been in constant production ever since, making it one of the oldest car plants in the world. It was the birth-place of the original Mini in 1959 and came into BMW Group ownership in 1994. The new MINI was launched in 2001 and accelerated the global success of the brand. Over 10 million MINIs have been sold in 110 countries around the world and today the plant stands at the cutting edge of automotive manufacturing technology and sustainability after significant investments over the years. A major focus is the reduction of energy usage, water consumption, waste of all kinds and CO2 emissions. The roof of the building has a solar energy plant the size of five football pitches and the plant is now home to the battery-powered MINI Electric. More than 800 cars are built each day across three body types.
Oxford Plant tour
Come and experience the most exciting elements of car production, from the bodyshop, where pressed steel panels are welded or bonded together with the help of 1,200 robots, to the final assembly halls where the finished MINI comes together. The tour will take around 1 hr 40 mins and you are free to visit our museum before and after your slot. We look forward to seeing you!Buy tickets now
This is what you should consider before your visit to the Oxford plant:
- Global events can have an unpredictable influence over our production and there is a slim chance that tours may need to be cancelled at short notice. In the unlikely case that this happens to you we will offer you an alternative date or a refund.
- Children under the age of 14 are not allowed to enter the plant premises. Children between 14 and 16 years of age may only enter the plant premises if accompanied by an adult. Exceptions are made for school groups, for which the following rule applies: Schoolchildren as young as 11 may enter the plant premises. School classes with children aged 11-14 years must be looked after by adults; A single adult may look after a maximum of two children at the same time.
- Reduced admission fee applies for young people between the age of 14 and 18, students, people with disabilities, 60 yrs+ and BMW employees – please be prepared to provide valid identification.
- We recommend wearing closed shoes during the tour.
- It is prohibited to film and take pictures during the tour.
- Animals are not allowed on plant premises.
- Personal items, especially electronic devices such as smartphones or tablets, must be stored in our secure lockers with your belongings as they are not permitted in the plants.
- Tours are not suitable for pregnant people or persons with an electronic medical implant (e.g. pacemakers, insulin pumps, etc.).
- Consumption of food and drinks is not permitted during the tour. Smoking is also prohibited.
- It is not possible to visit the restrooms during the tour. There will be opportunities to visit these before and after the tour.
- Tickets are available in the ticket shop. Please note that all tickets for guided tours must be purchased in advance. It is not possible to purchase tickets on site.
- For a full tour experience visitors will receive audio guides with headphones. Wearing the headphones is mandatory. If you are unable to wear headphones for health reasons, please contact the booking centre before visiting the plant.